It’s freezing in Illinois…
A shift of the Earth, and the cold winds come, the cold of Space unleashed by the loss of my Sun…
4 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
About Zellie M. Quinn
I first started writing poetry in the early 1980′s while in the military. I found that I could write on the back-blank side of pages of important documents all the soldier poems welling up in me. The guys discovered the poems and began to take them. This proved to be a not-so-good thing, since during inspections our site was docked points due to the missing pages of important documents.
I wish I could honestly say that as soon as I realized this, I immediately stopped all further deviant behavior…
Other than that I was a good soldier.
Currently the poetry editor at Catholiclane.com
For more poems of mine, go to: http://catholiclane.com/author/zellie-m-quinn/
- Womb of the Cosmos
- In Years To Come…
- New Pope~
- The Colorful Bottle and the Genie
- It’s freezing in Illinois…
- Why do Some Trees Dance?
- Haiku: Portals to Heaven…
- Having your act together… Then life laughs…
- Itty Bitty Addictions… are they keeping you from writing?
- Well I’ll be darned, here I am…
- Like a leaf carried on the wind…
- Are We Just Monkeys Performing Tricks?
- The Wind
- Protagonist changed from male to female
- University Fees
- That Thieving Spirit!
- SEEMING CATASTROPHES
- Platforming and Blogs
- Swift as a Star Flicker (first and second version)
- The Prisoner in his Cell
- What Angels See
- One by One…
- Platinum of Highest Purity
- what do Noah's Ark and Unicorns have in common? catholiclane.com/weekly-wits-51… 6 days ago
- “To be in hell is to drift; to be in heaven is to steer.” ― George Bernard Shaw ~ 1 week ago
- Blaming God for starving kids in the world is like blame the Grinch for stealing Christmas. 1 week ago
- RT @JohnMc_Lpool: The only one who doesn't make mistakes is the one who doesn't do anything. V. I. Lenin 1 week ago
- Blaming God for starving children in the world, is like blaming Santa Claus for the Grinch stealing presents... 1 week ago
- Speech to the Best Graduating Class Ever May 25, 2013Students, faculty, family members and friends, it is my great honor to deliver your commencement speech today. It is my opinion that our society must take every opportunity to praise our young people for their hard work and accomplishment, and that is why ceremonies such as this are so important to our country’s future. It [...]Tom Purcell
- How Would Blessed Cardinal Newman Teach The Narcissistic Religion Teacher? May 25, 2013St. James tells us if we lack wisdom to ask God because He will give generously. Our petition should rest on a genuine faith attributed to Him. If not, then the opposite of faith — doubt — will cause us to be like a wave of the seas that is driven and tossed by the [...]Marlon De La Torre
- Our Imperfect Family Rosary May 25, 2013When I was growing up, my immature self believed that the family rosary was something that had to be endured. Through no fault of my parents, the nightly ritual was anything but idyllic. My siblings and I were called into our parents’ bedroom where we knelt facing the crucifix. My older brother and I would [...]Terry McDermott
- Speech to the Best Graduating Class Ever May 25, 2013
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday? May 25, 2013From a reader: I am a Seminarian who is in a parish which has a “Vigil Mass of Sunday” on Saturday evenings. I have read your posts regarding receiving communion twice in one day, and I know the “Vigil” Mass legally … Continue reading →email@example.com (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- WDTPRS Trinity Sunday – shared glory, majesty’s gift May 25, 2013The First Sunday after Pentecost is Trinity Sunday, a day some well-catechized Catholics dread for what they may hear from the pulpit. You might, for example, hear that the Trinity is like three burning candles twisted together to have one flame, … Continue reading →firstname.lastname@example.org (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- QUAERITUR: Communion on Saturday evening, then twice on Sunday? May 25, 2013
- Denver, the Mile High City, Receives Seven Men to Christ’s Priesthood at Cathedral on Colfax Avenue May 20, 2013‘…I Will Make You Fishers of Men’ Archbishop Samuel J. Aquila of Denver ordains seven men to the Catholic priesthood Published on: May 20th 2013 — 10:09 AM / OBS: North America DENVER, CO, USA — Twenty years after World Youth Day 1993 in Denver, vocations to the priesthood in the Mile High City are on the rise. Strong evidence for the infusion of the Holy Sp […]OneBillionStories.com
- Holy Family High School in Broomfield, Colorado Sets Bar High for Catholic Education April 16, 2013Holy Family Students are Being Prepared Daily for 21st Century Challenges “Holy Family High School continues to represent the best of Catholic education in Colorado, and across the United States.” Published on: April 16th, 2013 — 3:49 PM / OBS: North America BROOMFIELD, CO, USA — Over the past 6 months, OneBillionStories.com has had the privilege of working […]OneBillionStories.com
- Denver, the Mile High City, Receives Seven Men to Christ’s Priesthood at Cathedral on Colfax Avenue May 20, 2013