Haiku: Portals to Heaven…
The beauty of a sun dog, silver sky after a storm- all glimpses of heaven, spy cams from earth’s shores…
2 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
About Zellie M. Quinn
I first started writing poetry in the early 1980′s while in the military. I found that I could write on the back-blank side of pages of important documents all the soldier poems welling up in me. The guys discovered the poems and began to take them. This proved to be a not-so-good thing, since during inspections our site was docked points due to the missing pages of important documents.
I wish I could honestly say that as soon as I realized this, I immediately stopped all further deviant behavior…
Other than that I was a good soldier.
Currently the poetry editor at Catholiclane.com
For more poems of mine, go to: http://catholiclane.com/author/zellie-m-quinn/
- Fancy Wedding Receptions, and Not So Fancy Wedding Receptions
- Womb of the Cosmos
- In Years To Come…
- New Pope~
- The Colorful Bottle and the Genie
- It’s freezing in Illinois…
- Why do Some Trees Dance?
- Haiku: Portals to Heaven…
- Having your act together… Then life laughs…
- Itty Bitty Addictions… are they keeping you from writing?
- Well I’ll be darned, here I am…
- Like a leaf carried on the wind…
- Are We Just Monkeys Performing Tricks?
- The Wind
- Protagonist changed from male to female
- University Fees
- That Thieving Spirit!
- SEEMING CATASTROPHES
- Platforming and Blogs
- Swift as a Star Flicker (first and second version)
- The Prisoner in his Cell
- What Angels See
- One by One…
- Great post on 'cheap' weddings :) michelemarie33.wordpress.com 2 weeks ago
- RT @KaraMpoetry: You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. - ow.ly/lwOsr 2 weeks ago
- RT @Darrenmjones1: Wind wipes our tears ~ as the fragile dawn breaks ~ the universe once centered ~ now a scattered uncertain horizon ~ hop… 2 weeks ago
- what do Noah's Ark and Unicorns have in common? catholiclane.com/weekly-wits-51… 1 month ago
- “To be in hell is to drift; to be in heaven is to steer.” ― George Bernard Shaw ~ 1 month ago
- St. Juliana Falconieri June 19, 2013JULIANA FALCONIERI was born in answer to prayer, in 1270. Her father built the splendid church of the Annunziata in Florence, while her uncle, Blessed Alexius, became one of the founders of the Servite Order. Under his care Juliana grew up, as he said, more like an angel than a human being. Such was her [...]Catholic Lane Administrator
- How to Host a Catholic Party June 18, 2013Some of the fondest memories I have of this past year are the dinner parties I hosted at my house on liturgical feast days. They are memories of friendship, laughter, communion and a full heart. I thought I had come up with this wonderful idea of hosting saint day parties on my own, until I [...]Julie Rodrigues
- Immigration and the ‘Best and Brightest’ June 18, 2013One of the selling points for comprehensive immigration reform is the claimed benefits of granting a special kind of green card to all foreign students earning advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). This argument is being made by corporate leaders, including those from the high-tech sector, who argue that it is a [...]G. Tracy Mehan, III
- St. Juliana Falconieri June 19, 2013
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.” June 18, 2013I subscribe to Bill Bennett’s radio program and I get regular daily emails as an kind an American history almanac. Today I had one that stuck me, and thus I share it. Abigail Adams to John Adams, June 18, 1775 Shortly after … Continue reading →email@example.com (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV June 17, 2013Have you seen the news? Decades after John XXIII placed the name of Joseph in the Roman Canon, it seems that the name of the great Patron of the Dying, Terror of Demons, will be in the Eucharistic Prayers … Continue reading →firstname.lastname@example.org (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- “Better to die honorably in the field than ignominiously hang upon the gallows.” June 18, 2013
- Adoring Christ in the Eucharist in Lima Peru, Stop Motion Style June 5, 2013On a sunny Monday afternoon in Lima… Do you go to Adoration? Share your experience in the comment section below ↓ Published on: June 5th, 2013 — 9:24 AM / OBS: SOUTH AMERICA LIMA, PERU — On a sunny Monday afternoon in Lima, Peru, the day after we celebrated Corpus Christi, I decided to walk to a nearby adoration chapel. I took the digital camera along and as […]OneBillionStories.com
- Seth James Updates OBS Fans from Denver Colorado on World Youth Day: May 2013 Vlog May 31, 2013‘World Youth Day 2013 or Bust’ OBS begins to get the Attention of the Catholic World Published on: May 31st 2013 — 1:58 PM / OBS: North America DENVER, CO, USA — Time to update the OBS followers, fans, and even OBS rookies out there on the intra-web. It has been awhile, we know that the VLOG reels from the USofA Video Missionary crew has been a bit dry as of […]OneBillionStories.com
- Adoring Christ in the Eucharist in Lima Peru, Stop Motion Style June 5, 2013