The learned men came to see
What could be done about that tree
Stout and strong and big and tall,
Faith inside that garden’s wall.
Machines and steel their only hope
Sturdy chains and heavy rope,
They wrap around that solid tree
And yank it for a student’s fee…
Zellie M. Quinn
2 Comments »
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
About Zellie M. Quinn
I first started writing poetry in the early 1980′s while in the military. I found that I could write on the back-blank side of pages of important documents all the soldier poems welling up in me. The guys discovered the poems and began to take them. This proved to be a not-so-good thing, since during inspections our site was docked points due to the missing pages of important documents.
I wish I could honestly say that as soon as I realized this, I immediately stopped all further deviant behavior…
Other than that I was a good soldier.
Currently the poetry editor at Catholiclane.com
For more poems of mine, go to: http://catholiclane.com/author/zellie-m-quinn/
- Fancy Wedding Receptions, and Not So Fancy Wedding Receptions
- Womb of the Cosmos
- In Years To Come…
- New Pope~
- The Colorful Bottle and the Genie
- It’s freezing in Illinois…
- Why do Some Trees Dance?
- Haiku: Portals to Heaven…
- Having your act together… Then life laughs…
- Itty Bitty Addictions… are they keeping you from writing?
- Well I’ll be darned, here I am…
- Like a leaf carried on the wind…
- Are We Just Monkeys Performing Tricks?
- The Wind
- Protagonist changed from male to female
- University Fees
- That Thieving Spirit!
- SEEMING CATASTROPHES
- Platforming and Blogs
- Swift as a Star Flicker (first and second version)
- The Prisoner in his Cell
- What Angels See
- One by One…
- Great post on 'cheap' weddings :) michelemarie33.wordpress.com 2 weeks ago
- RT @KaraMpoetry: You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him. - ow.ly/lwOsr 2 weeks ago
- RT @Darrenmjones1: Wind wipes our tears ~ as the fragile dawn breaks ~ the universe once centered ~ now a scattered uncertain horizon ~ hop… 2 weeks ago
- what do Noah's Ark and Unicorns have in common? catholiclane.com/weekly-wits-51… 1 month ago
- “To be in hell is to drift; to be in heaven is to steer.” ― George Bernard Shaw ~ 1 month ago
- Don’t Cry For Me, America: Comparing Argentina And The United States June 18, 2013If we fail to preserve the institutions of the republic, the American dream will be in grave danger.Alejandro A. Chafuen
- What Every Catholic Using Social Media Should Know June 17, 2013Do you regularly read Church documents from the past? If you don’t, you should start. Many people talk about Vatican II, and will very, very quickly give their opinion. And yet a large majority of those same people have never read all the documents, if any at all. I want to study Inter Mirifica. Church documents [...]Ryan Eggenberger
- China Ratchets Up One-Child Policy; Ignores Calls from Population Experts June 17, 2013Recent reports from the Guangdong province show coercion in China’s infamous one-child policy is once again on the rise. Women in the southern city of Huizhou, which has a population of 4 million, are being targeted for sterilization. Those who have one child are being forced to wear IUDs. Those who have two children are [...]Anne Morse
- Don’t Cry For Me, America: Comparing Argentina And The United States June 18, 2013
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV June 17, 2013Have you seen the news? Decades after John XXIII placed the name of Joseph in the Roman Canon, it seems that the name of the great Patron of the Dying, Terror of Demons, will be in the Eucharistic Prayers II, … Continue reading →firstname.lastname@example.org (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- “When ‘Guitar Masses’ became a chew toy between traditionalists and progressives June 17, 2013There is a smart and well-written article at The American Spectator on liturgical music by Patrick O’Hannigan, whom I have mentioned before. The piece is longish, so here are a few bits to whet your appetite. Can Liturgical Music Be Saved? By PATRICK … Continue reading →email@example.com (Fr. John Zuhlsdorf)
- ACTION ITEM! ST. JOSEPH’s name NOW in Eucharistic Prayers II, III, IV June 17, 2013
- Adoring Christ in the Eucharist in Lima Peru, Stop Motion Style June 5, 2013On a sunny Monday afternoon in Lima… Do you go to Adoration? Share your experience in the comment section below ↓ Published on: June 5th, 2013 — 9:24 AM / OBS: SOUTH AMERICA LIMA, PERU — On a sunny Monday afternoon in Lima, Peru, the day after we celebrated Corpus Christi, I decided to walk to a nearby adoration chapel. I took the digital camera along and as […]OneBillionStories.com
- Seth James Updates OBS Fans from Denver Colorado on World Youth Day: May 2013 Vlog May 31, 2013‘World Youth Day 2013 or Bust’ OBS begins to get the Attention of the Catholic World Published on: May 31st 2013 — 1:58 PM / OBS: North America DENVER, CO, USA — Time to update the OBS followers, fans, and even OBS rookies out there on the intra-web. It has been awhile, we know that the VLOG reels from the USofA Video Missionary crew has been a bit dry as of […]OneBillionStories.com
- Adoring Christ in the Eucharist in Lima Peru, Stop Motion Style June 5, 2013